Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Up and Running!

I've had some computer problems and haven't been able to blog in WEEKS! There is so much to catch up on and I guess I'll start with New Year's Eve. Bob and I went to the Fiesta Bowl Block Party with Steve and Kate. It was a beautiful night, just a tad chilly, and we had a great time. There were bands on every block and more people than you can imagine. I am not used to going "out" in the "big city" so I was quite shocked at the number of people at the party. I'm used to the nightlife of Prescott which generally consists of no more than 150 people milling up and down Whiskey Row.

I want to start this post with a video I made right at midnight: (and NO that's not me singing at the end of the video!)





Bob, standing on Mill Avenue, just minutes before the new year:

There were quite a few fireworks displays. Bob and I have a bit of history with fireworks so I always try to take our picture when we see some.
Looking at the 10pm fireworks in the sky:


This face always makes me smile. I never get tired of seeing it:


We rode the lightrail from Bob's office to Mill Avenue. Behind us sat a man having a LOUD verbal argument with someone about stealing a candy bar. It was funny and a bit unnerving.


We spent most of the evening listening to the dueling pianos performance. It was AWESOME and they really knew how to put on a show. And, fortunately for us, I found this pole dancer as soon as we got there :)





We had dinner at a Mexican Restaurant on 5th and Mill Ave. It came highly recommended by Kate and Steve and it didn't disappoint. These two are always so much fun. I love hanging out with them.

Steve and Kate, our favorite couple to hang out with:There is still so much that has happened this year. I hope I can find the time and the organization to type it all out and make sense of it. Now that my computer is fixed, I'll be back, blogging (almost) daily. Until then, I'm going to call it a night and enjoy my Amazon Kindle for a while. I love that thing!

5 comments:

  1. Kindle sistas!

    You look lovely in all of those photos- my favorite is the one of you two looking up at the fireworks.

    I'm glad you're back to blogging! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That did look like fun. However, I think I had more fun, reading a book and sleeping by 10. Tempe is the happening spot. You hit it just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, You look so happy & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the one just above the pole dancers. I also have to wonder: okay, that wasn't you singing at the end of the video -- was that you yelling "HAPPY F#$^ING NEW YEAR!!" in the middle? Why do people always do that? Isn't the negative connotation of "F#$%ING" clear enough to ruin its use on happy occasions?

    Okay, done being a profanity Nazi.
    By the way: thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog. Glad your computer is up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly did NOT yell "HAPPY F#$^ING NEW YEAR". haha. i leave that kind of stuff to the amateurs :)

    ReplyDelete