Monday, November 16, 2009

Birthday Time


Bob's birthday is November 23. I had no idea what to get him. It's hard to buy for someone who already has everything. A watch is out of the question...he has a Rolex. Clothes are out of the question...his shirts cost almost what I make in a week. Movies are a no-go...he's already seen everything. He loves books...but he doesn't have a stocked bookshelf to let me know what he's already read. A gift card to a bookstore then? Sure...but why would I give him something like that. He doesn't need my money to buy books.

So...I listened to him for a few weeks. And I came up with the perfect gift for him. It's something specifically for him that I know he will love to have. I will let you know what I got him AFTER November 23. But...he's going to love it.

Anyway, since Bob's birthday falls on a Monday, we decided to celebrate during the weekend. I got us a room in Jerome for Saturday night at the Connor Hotel. We are going to hang out in Jerome on Saturday, have a good dinner, and enjoy the nightlife. Then Sunday, we will have breakfast and read the paper together...our favorite Sunday morning activity. I am so excited about our mini-trip. But, I am not going to give Bob his gift until Monday, his actual birthday. I think I will end up sending it to one of his associates to give to him on "the big day". Or maybe I will drive down to Phoenix and surprise him because I sort of want to bring him his favorite dessert...warm pie. We'll see what happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment