Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Quick Trip to Jerome, AZ

Jerome was nice. Bob and I left Prescott yesterday around 1pm and arrived in Jerome around 2 o'clock. We split a burger at the Haunted Hamburger and then visited some of the eclectic shops in town. First stop, Nellie Bly; my favorite. I love looking through the assortment of kaleidoscopes that they display. I would love to have one of those and my dream would be to have the one that is attached to a flower pot. You look through the kaleidoscope that hovers above the pot and you spin the pot, creating a beautiful scene through the lens. Bob found one that he likes and talked about getting it after the remodeling for his house is complete.
From there, I showed Bob one of the old books I like that is housed in an antique store. It is called The Secret Death of Adolph Hitler. It is written anonymously and has a conspiracy twist to it that Hitler had actually died quite a while before his alledged suicide. We also saw many Communist China artifacts and some Russian medals from WWII. The shops in Jerome are always interesting and you can find all sorts of things.
We relaxed for a short while before getting dressed up and venturing to The Asylum for dinner. Halfway through the dinner, I thought someone turned on a movie in surround sound but it was actually the table behind us. The people sitting at that table erupted into the most beautiful 5-part harmony rendition of Happy Birthday for one of the men in their group. They were obviously a professional group of singers; my guess is that they are part of a Chamber Choir for a university or one of the towns. Towards the end of dinner, Bob had an experience with a ghost that resulted in our finding out that many other people had also seen the same thing in the exact same spot. It gave me chills.
This morning, we have breakfast outside at Grapes. I met a man and woman who are wedding photographers. They asked if they could take our picture and email it to us. So, here it is:


Our drive back to Prescott was enjoyable and I saw my first javalena! I picked Andrew up from his friend's house and now he is home playing Legos with friends and we are enjoying our afternoon before having to prepare for the short week ahead. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment