Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Kid


Andrew just amazes me. He made dinner tonight (chicken and cheese quesadillas) and it was really delicious. While we were eating I told him what a great job he did and I thanked him for making dinner for us. He said, "You're welcome!" Then, he looked at me sincerely and said, "Thank you, Mom, for helping me!" Everytime that little booger is sweet it just sends me backwards!
Andrew and I enjoyed our dinner while we listened to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on CD; the story is so entertaining! We finished decorating the Christmas Tree tonight and then Andrew taught me how to do some 3rd grade math. No joke...I didn't even know the stuff he is learning.
I really appreciate these little moments with Andrew. It has been just the two of us for many years now, and I hope when he gets older he has good memories of his childhood. I hope he remembers the two of us watching Biggest Loser and laughing at Seinfeld. And, I hope he can never drink an Orange Cream soda without remembering what a treat it was for us to have one.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing about this simple evening elicits thoughts of raising my own children. As my now grown children come back to share their memories with me, I am flabergasted at what they choose to think back on fondly. And I am grateful, for the moments similar to what what you wrote about today, the little peices that make up our lives and live with us forever. Andrew may forget about this particular evening, but you will not and neither will I because you shared it with me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete