Thursday, December 24, 2009

Andrew's Tortilla Bags

I mentioned yesterday that Andrew made lunch for his friends. I was so proud of him. I had taken a nap and the kids were in the living room playing. Everyone was hungry and when Andrew came to me for lunch, I didn't stir. So, Mister Ingenious took it upon himself to make lunch. He told me he was going to and somehow in my deep sleep, I was able to muster up the words, "Don't use the oven or stove."
You must understand that we had nothing in the house for lunch. Not even any emergency frozen foods nor cans of Chef Boyardee. But this little 8-year-old searched and searched through the refrigerator and pantry and came up with a great lunch, which he called "Tortilla Bags". His ingredients were:
tortillas
cheese
lil' smokies
italian spaghetti sauce
onions (which he diced himself)
crushed Ritz crackers
Then he microwaved the concoction in order to melt the cheese, soften the tortillas, and warm the lil' smokies. Here's what he created:
Tortilla Bags
Levi and Andrew digging in: The kids:
Andrew was so excited with his success and was proud that his friends enjoyed it. And, he was excited that I was proud of him. I had no idea he could just whip something up like that. Looks like I have lots of good meals in my future; I can't wait until he learns how to cook healthy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment