Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another Great Weekend!

What a great, relaxing weekend I had! Andrew and I left right after school Friday to go to Phoenix. Bob's basketball team played at 5:30 so we had to rush to get there on time. As we walked into the gym, Bob's was the first face I saw. It was quite a nice surprise to see him in the lobby as opposed to our usual greeting of coy smiles and waves across the gym floor. His JV team won and the Varsity team slaughtered Cactus Shadows, 53-31. The game was great and the girls played well! Afterward, we went to Chili's and had dinner. Andrew must have been tired because he fell asleep at the table. And, I guess we were all pretty tired because we called it an early night.
Bob got up early Saturday morning for basketball practice and I decided to join him a little later. It was nice to get some exercise shooting around for an hour. I did a couple of shooting drills with the girls and practiced on my own a bit. Afterward, we went Christmas shopping at Scottsdale Fashion Square and The Biltmore. I was looking for gifts for my sister but was unsuccessful. We did, however, find some good stuff for Bob's nieces. I also picked out a flannel at J.Crew for Bob. We were really looking to find him a nice argyle sweater but weren't having any luck...until we stepped into Brooks Brothers at The Biltmore. There, we found the perfect sweater: A navy silk and cashmere argyle v-neck sweater with light blue and yellow designs. And, I got to pick out a sweater, too. I got a light lavender cashmere cable crewneck sweater. It is the softest sweater I've ever felt. And...I'm scared to wear it! haha. I'll have to be extra, extra diligent to not get anything on it! I think I'm gonna wear it this week with my gray pencil skirt and black boots. Or maybe my black skirt. We'll see.
Today, Bob had a bit of a cold and I have a headache so after going grocery shopping and picking up bagels from AJ's, we had a relaxing day of doing nothing. I graded some papers, he wrote Christmas cards, and Andrew watched movies on tv. By the time Andrew and I left to come home, I was ready to go to sleep again. But, I made it home, safe and sound, and have been relaxing ever since.
I have my hair straightener plugged up so that I can straighten my hair for the week. Bob isn't crazy about my straight hair but I like it. I get lots of comments on it, too. I am hoping Andrew will let me straighten his hair over Christmas break, just to see how it looks. I am also hoping that I can find a way to make him agree to a haircut. His hair is just so bushy. He absolutely loves it, though. He says he is enjoying his individuality and I am trying to respect that. But, I "not so secretly" want him to cut it! Well, I'm off to straighten my hair. This is our last week of work. My students are watching Elf this week: my favorite Christmas movie!! Then, final exams are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. After that, it's CHRISTMAS BREAK! I'm really looking forward to a couple weeks off of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment