Monday, December 21, 2009

I had quite a weekend. It started off with Bob coming up for Andrew's Cub Scout Christmas party. The party was at St. Luke's Episcopal Church and the kids did crafts, wrapped gifts, and ate pizza.

Andrew and his scouting friend, Tyler:

Andrew reaching in the prize bag after winning at BINGO:
Andrew and Bob during the pizza dinner:


After the party, we hurried over to Bradshaw Mountain High School to watch the Lady Badgers of Prescott take on the Lady Bears. It was fun to sit in the stands and watch a game with Bob. We never get to do that because he is usually coaching. It will be fun this spring and summer coaching together on the bench!

I had to get a picture to capture our first high school b'ball game:

After the game, we took separate cars to Phoenix. Bob had the dog this weekend so he had to get back home to take care of her. Andrew rode with Bob and I got to enjoy an hour long phone conversation with my mom and dad.

Saturday, we went shopping. Bob had to get a few things for his sister and his daughter. We went to Target because Andrew wanted to get a gift there for me. I was warned that the gift is quite "utilitarian"...guess I'll find out in a few days what new domestic, motherly trait Andrew wants me to acquire. Saturday night, Bob and I watched The Hangover while Andrew watched Thunderpants, a kid's movie about...farting, I guess.

On Sunday, Bob and I went for a bike ride. We took it easy but I was still actually quite scared considering I haven't been on a mountain bike since my painful accident last month. We made it back home safely and Andrew and I rushed to get ready to meet Joyce and Rachel for lunch, my two cousins. It was so good to see them and I really like having family nearby in Phoenix. My cousins are actually my first cousins, once removed. They are my mom's first cousins...and they are the sweetest ladies ever!

After lunch, we went to the Moon Valley Grill with Burke to watch the Packers/Steelers game. It was a really good game. I am not generally one to watch football on tv but I actually cheered a little and Bob caught me clapping a couple of times when the Packers made a good play. It was fun hanging out, laughing, and meeting new people.

Later that evening, it was time to buy a christmas tree. We went to a tree farm over in Glendale and found a beautiful tree. It smelled so good. I've never had a real tree and this was my first experience in picking one out! Sometimes I am amazed at all the little things I have never done before. We put lights on the tree and wrapped some presents.
The entire weekend was fun. Andrew and I came back to Prescott this morning and slowly sank back into regular life. It's nice to be off work for a couple of weeks. I'll see what fun I can get into!


No comments:

Post a Comment