Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Christmas Weekend

I fell asleep while writing this post last night; guess I was a little tired at midnight! Here's the original post, anyway; I'll just finish it this time: It's snowing in Prescott and I'm cozying up with a hot cup of Yogi Bedtime tea and an episode of Law & Order. I've been wrapping Christmas gifts for a while and I have decided that I am not a very good gift wrapper. I wish I knew how to do cool bows and stuff on top but I have never acquired any skills in that type of stuff. I watched a "how to" video on the internet and was able to at least make some curly ribbon bows on some the presents. The wind is blowing so hard. We have a 2-hour delay at school in the morning but with the snow and ice coming down so late at night, it is possible we will have a school cancellation. My weekend was pretty fun. Saturday, we met with the designer for Bob's house remodeling. It's one of those times when I get to practice keeping my rude comments to myself: http://livingrule62.blogspot.com/2009/11/success-is-measured-by-number-of.html



Then, that evening, we went to his work Christmas party. It was at the house of one of his partners in the law firm. The house was magnificent and the party was fun. I always love meeting new people so I had no qualms about not knowing anyone at the party. And, being a high school English teacher automatically makes me appreciated and respected by other professionals. It's one of my favorite benefits of the job. Sunday, Andrew, Bob, and I put up Christmas lights at Bob's house. Andrew said, "WOW! I've never gotten to put up Christmas lights before!" Andrew asks every year for outdoor decorations, but we live in a very small place with no real "outdoor space". Plus, it's difficult to afford all the decorations AND gifts. So, we have always just put up a tree and decorated the living room with coloring pages that Andrew has made over the years. Here are some pictures of Andrew and Bob putting up the train in the upper part of the front yard and of the view from the roof of Bob' house; we had to climb up there to string lights:



On the way home from Bob's on Sunday, Andrew and I spent about 3 1/2 hours shopping in Anthem. His dad's mom sent him money for clothes and we bought him plenty of things to keep him warm this winter, including some really nice gloves. He loves shopping and has acquired a good sense of fashion. In fact, while we were shopping, he asked for a wallet: a real one made of leather, not a kid's fabric one. I mentally checked off the list of possible 2nd jobs I could take so that I can try to afford his teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment