Friday, December 25, 2009

A Surprise Visit


midnightxmaseve
Originally uploaded by jjenrek
I haven't believed in Santa Claus since I was 8. So, imagine my surprise when I heard a noise on the front porch. I resigned myself to thinking it was the ferral cats that sometimes visit, so I raised myself from my resting spot and made my way to the door to shoo them away. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. And there was Bob. With presents for me and Andrew signed "From Santa".
It was a surprise. I had no idea he was coming. We were supposed to get together on Christmas Day around 10 am. Christmas Eve, he was spending with his daughter. He said his daughter knew he was coming up to see me at midnight. That's 100 miles of driving...just for a 30 minute visit so we could be together at midnight...what he considered the most romantic and important time of Christmas.
I was speechless; I still can't stop smiling. And I can't even THINK about trying to sleep! A Merry Christmas it is already!

1 comment: