Thursday, December 3, 2009

Digging Oedipus!

These days at school, I'm reading Oedipus with my Juniors. I just love it and I think most of them are gaining an appreciation for it as well. They loved the organized way in which I am teaching it and we are having some pretty good discussions...although all of them lead the kids back to "OOhhhhh, gross" at the remembrance of Oedipus's incestual affair. I am going to try and create my Macbeth lesson for next semester as structured as this Oedipus unit. I am getting great interaction with the students!
Andrew had cubscouts tonight and we came home afterward and vegged out on the couch for a little while. I keep thinking of things that I want to add to my Christmas list. A bath pillow, for example. I would love to be able to lie in the bathtub and relax without that cold porcelain freezing my shoulders! I guess I better get up and pack now, though. Andrew and I are going to Phoenix tomorrow after school for the weekend. Maybe I'll write more later, if something comes to mind. But, for now, I'm going to get up and do some house work and pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment