Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Baking Day

The doorbell rang at 8:45 this morning and now I hear the sounds of laughter, the piano, balls bouncing, and the almost muted voice of Spongebob on the tv as all the kids begin their play. Yes, I'm still in the bed. I took Advil PM last night at 10:30 because lately I need something to help me sleep. I didn't want to have another night of staying up until 4 am.
I'm mentally preparing my list of baking chores today. And figuring out if I want to shower first or wait until later today. Guess I'll shower later. Wish me luck on the baking. I'm a beginner in this area.

3 comments:

  1. baking is so much fun. you'll love it. just follow the recipe. i learned that baking in az seems to only need the minimum baking time. if it says 12-14 start checking at 10 and make sure the oven is good and preheated. take pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope your holiday is fun and you enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer for your kind words about my blog. I like yours as well. Actually, you will be getting this on Christmas Eve Day, the 'Normandy Beach for people like you and I, baking, cooking, four trips to the store for stuff no one will eat tonight. Remember the old cooking rule, "Don't throw the burned cookies away, give them to your not so good friends-waste not, want not." Well, someone said it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete